11.1.11

Travelling Alchemist Commentary : Ironforge in bad hands ?



I will say this once: there is always something going on out there, you just have to keep your eyes and ears open to see it. I got conviencend about this again, when i decided to come back to Ironforge from frosty Northend. I have spent last few months in Lich King's domain, and haven't got any Idea, what was going on in old continents.

I catched some first bothered voices in Valiance Keep, when I was waiting for ship to Stormwind. Few visitors of local inn were saying something about dragons, elementals attacks, and groups of cultists emerging in broad daylight in Western Kingdoms. Well - nothing new really, another story of local talker, that hopes for few free rounds from naive listeners - I have thought to myself first. But there was some kind of seriousness in these scraps of informations, that put me in awareness, and I decided to take a closer look to this case. Unfortunatetly locals didn't know anything specific, so I decided to wait for the ship anyway, and gather some concrete intel during the cruise.

I must say that sailors are wonderful companions in these sea travels. These true seadogs will never say no to any kind of alcoholic brewerage, and their great experience with brews from all the world, made them really appreciative towards a fine dwarven ale, that I'm always carrying with me. A few drops of a Friendship Potion (my own formula), discreetly poured into mugs, made the tongues of my companions very loose, and I got the whole story, with all the details I could hope for.
Sailors told me about the events, that all called "Cataclysm". Appearance of Deathwing, destruction of Stormwind, some troubles for elves in Kalimdor... well wathever, thats not important really. But what was a grim news for everyone: king Magni Bronzebeard fell to terrible curse and has been changed into a diamond statue! I wonder what kind of chemical reaction happened there... well, but that's not the point! The point is that the Council of Three Hammers has been established. That I really couldn't believed. Wildhammers cooperating with Bronzebeards? That was possible, but Falstad Wildhammer i knew, wouldn't give the autonomy of his clan so easily. And alliance with Dark Irons? If it was up to me I would never let that hit-in-the-head-with-iron-hammer-princess Moira back into Ironforge ever again. I surely had to see it with my own eyes!

When I arrived in Stormwind i only drank three mugs of ale in The Golden Keg (Only three! Not enough even to clean the taste of salty water from the cruise. You may now got an idea in what rush i have been!) and went straight for Deeprun Tram to Ironforge. When I got there, the same Frienship Potion (but much greater dosage) helped me to convience the guards to let me into throne room. And there they were: Moira Thaurissan (pfft), Muradin Bronzebeard, and good old Falstad Wildhammer, sitting arm to arm in three big thrones. In fact Falstad was actually standing - he seemed not to feel confortable in this big cosy chair. Fortunately I knew our king quite good (I was never able to outdrink him - unthinkable...), so when he saw me he smiled and greeted me warmly. I'll try to give you our speech as exact as I can:

Falstad: Welcome Arbooz! I haven't seen you for long time. What was happening to you during last months.

Arbooz: Well, my king, I was travelling through all of Northend for half a year. But that's not as import...

Moira: Who is this clown? Why did he got here without appointment?!

Falstad (with disgusted look at Moira): He's one of my dwarves "princess". That's not your business here!

Muradin: Allright Falstad. It would be appropriate for him to introduce himself when he's here, don't you think? (Looks at me) Well, dwarf?

(Moira angrily turned away)
Arbooz: Ofcourse king Muradin. My name is Arbooz Boilingstone of Wildhammers. I'm a travelling priest and an adventure seeker. (I kneeled in front of Muradin)

(Muradin noded at me and seemed content)
Falstad: I told ya he's one o' my boys! So what brings you here Arbooz in these hard times?

Arbooz: I heard about tragedy that happened to Magni, and I needed to see with my own eyes, what's going on in Ironforge now. My condolences to you king Muradin upon this great loss.

Muradin (with true sadness on his face): Thank you for your words Arbooz. It is sure a great tragedy for us all. I'm not even half as good leader as my brother, but together with Falstad and Moira we will do everything that we can, so dwarves would survive these hard times together!

Falstad: We sure do, mate! And you are great leader Muradin. You have me and all Wildhammers on your call!

Muradin: Thank you for that Falstad.

Arbooz: Good to hear that, my king. But what made you to join this alliance? What about independence of Willdhammers?

Falstad (with a little smile): Don't worry about our autonomy, my friend. These times require unity of our race, and I would be a fool not seeing that. Wildhammers are still under my command and I assure you, that we make all important decisions together with Muradin... and that orc-looking iron princess.

Moira: What did you say Falstad?!

Falstad: What I speak about with my dwarves shouldn't be your concern! Better go and take care of that iron bastard of you.

Moira: Watch your mouth Wildhammer! It's your future king!

Falstad (to himslef): Ya, right, future-king my butt...

Arbooz: But my king... a pact with iron dwarves? Is that wise? And even possible?

Falstad: Well... I really doubt it friend... But that is not for me to decide. If Muradin thinks that alliance with irons is best for us, then I'm with him?

Arbooz: And what do you think about it Muradin? Do we really need this alliance with dark irons?

Muradin: You see Arbooz, we surely don't need another enemy now. We can't really forget, that Moira is Magni's daughter, so she and her son has some privilages in Bronzebeard dynasty. The best thing that we can do right now is to keep this truce with dark irons. I don't know for how long will it last, but as long Moira wants to stay close to the crown, she will keep the dark irons steady, and we all can only benefit from this.

Arbooz: That is really king, that is speaking through you, Magni!

Moira (with domineering look): Dwarf, and don't you want to hear my opinion about this situation.

Arbooz: Ah, ofcourse "queen". So tell me, don't ya think, that your claims for Bronzebeard throne are ridicolous and you should stay with your dirty dark irons in their holes?

Moira: What?!

Arbooz: Oh, you don't know how to anwser that, or did you just haven't understand the question? Let me rephrase it...

(Flastad smirks)
Moira: How dare you?...

Arbooz: ...Do you think that using your father's name, that you already rejected not so long ago, gives you the right to bring the son of some twisted dark priest, and his brainless minions too...

Moira: Guards! Take this impudent fool into custody!

Arbooz: ... to our capital city? Isn't that a little... crazy? How do you think?

Well readers, even if Moira got some anwser, I didn't last to hear it. As I turned away i saw guards coming for me, and grim look on Muradin face told me, that my audience is over. I catched also a rakish grin of Falstad, so I couldn't dissapoint my good king. With last wicked wink at Falstad I took a Flask of Cludy Fog (private alchemy invention) from my backpack, and dropped it on the floor. I left throne room, leaving behind voices of rambling guards, deep laugh of Wildhammer king and coughs of dark iron princess. Let me cite this for you:

Moira: Cough... Cough!...

Still, I didn't know what to think about it, but as always going into tavern was a best decision. When I sat in The Stonefire Tavern, by the mug of ale, and chatting with Inkeeper Firebrew, he made best summary to the changes in our society.

Firebrew: You know Arb, to us almost nothing have changed. We're still walking through our city, doing our daily jobs, and we feel safe here. What happens in throne room? I don't care really. I have faith in Muradin. He's Dwarf of his name, and he can hadle the leadership as good as king Magni did. I'm sure he will make a good understanding with Falstad, and he will take care of anything Moira can pull. And truce with irons? Well, thanks to it I've got some supplies of dark iron brew. Let me pour you some, it's not that bad.

And, as always, Firebrew was right. It wasn't that bad.

Whitestar Magazine© Article from - Arbooz Boilingstone

No comments:

Post a Comment