11.1.11

Society : a dwarvish wedding


The hammer hit the anvil in regular sounds resonating in the cave. The whispering crowd were bathed in the dark orange light of the Great Forge : dwarves and humans mostly. Kaldorei rarely venture so deep in the heart of the Mountain. Armed with their hammers, the bride and the groom were forging a long chain binding them to each other. The deep voice of the priest summoned the blessing of old Titans. The scenery was captivating, and here I was assisting to my first dwarf wedding!


The senator Gogól Irondawn had met the curvy Angetilde along a party organised between their two Clans. This was not a political wedding arranged to settle the new Ironforge Governement, they are both Bronzebeard. Even if it’s still difficult for me to understand the true feelings the dwarves are hiding behind their stone armor of laughter and grumpiness, I think those two love each other.


I arrived to the ceremony a  bit late. This, mainly due to my misunderstanding of basic dwarvish religion. The Great Temple of Ironforge is not the Mystical Ward, but the Great Forge. I had to explore the city with Kierrann, my newest colleague to finally find the crowd covering entirely the middle area of the Forge. Many Stormwinders had come to reinforce their alliance with the dwarf people. In those dark times, it’s not the moment to offend and lose allies.

I immediatly regretted the absence of Arbooz Boilingstone. I’d have love to have more explanations about the symbolism used along this ceremony. The iron chain, forged by the fiancées replaced the exchange of rings in human tradition. The forge is sacred for dwarves, something explained me later the thief catcher Spyre.
After the ceremony itself, everyone had been invited to the Amberstill Ranch, owned by the senator. The Cortege followed the newly married couple in the fresh snow of Dun Morogh, and didn't miss any occasion to congratulate them.

Being a dwarf wedding party, I was expecting it to be a real dwarvish carousal, with people drunk to death, rolling in the snow, laughing and shouting hard enough to create an avalanche. But everything was moderate,very formal.After all Gogól Irondawn is not anybody, he is an important dwarf, working for his nation.

Whitestar Magazine wish the couple a happy and long life !




Whitestar Magazine© Article from -Elloa

No comments:

Post a Comment