11.1.11

Arulan's Travelling guide: Darnassus- The sleeping Jewel.

First time I entered this city I was struck by the combination of elegant stone towers and domes and other signs of elaborate stonemasonship and simple and almost savage-like nature of dwellings of most of the locals. As odd as it may sounds the opposite is in fact true here and gives a specific and stunning impression to anybody who travels to Darnassus from the east like me.
While wandering the streets of Darnassus I happened to meet several other travelers like and upon short introduction they were eager to share their views and thoughts on the city with the potential readers of the magazine.

It's all about the lake says the Draenei.
One day near the artisan's terrace where all necessities for daily life are being skillfully produced by locals craftsman I happened to make acquittance with a traveling draenai, calling herself Hyva. „If nothing else, seeing the lake is just enough for me“ said she when I inquired her about what places are worth seeing here to be recommended to other fellow visitors of this city. „While I sit at the bank and watch the surface I feel an inner calm like while being in the presence of Naaru“ said she. While I can't comment on this at the moment , spending a moment or two doing nothing just watching the lake's water feels refreshing. Indeed the silvery glow of the water surface of the lake in the middle of the city definitely gives almost ethereal sensation. On the other hand beauty comes hand in hand with pragmatism here since the lake is also a source of fishes. From my personal experience I can only but recommend to taste a freshly catch fish prepared on local herbs in one of the inns in the city.




People are cold here.
However impression of the city can differ. A merchant who's whereabouts will be kept secret since we respect his wish to remain anonymous said „There aren't many places which are off-limits, but the look of locals and especially the sentinels will let you immediately know that you don't fit in here. I don't even dare to ride here on my mechanostrider“. Be it one or other reason approaching local people to share some information on their city proved to be very difficult, with replies varying from shy and avoiding answers to intentional ignorance. Gathering my resolve to not fail our readers I visited the colossal Temple of the Moon on the southern part of Darnassus only to be explained that „my presence isn't proper here and I'm disturbing the activities of the temple“. Sad but true, any prospective traveler will on his daily encounters in the city meet tolerance but also a barrier of reclusivity build around most of the Night elves or Kaldorei as they call themselves.

After all the old Gilenan saying „When you're in Gilneas behave like Gilneans do.“ nonetheless true here and acceptance has to be paid by sincere effort.

Whitestar Magazine© Article from- Arulan Davenport

No comments:

Post a Comment