11.1.11

People : Survivors of the Shattering


This late autumn, during the night, the world has shattered, changing the face of Azeroth for ever. The dragon Deathwing, the ancient Earth Warder, have escaped from Deepholme, setting fire to our lands and partially destroying the great city of Stormwind.
Cities and villages destroyed, lands shattered, tsunamis ravaging shores, volcanos blowing  their rage. So many have perished that night! So many have lost their homes, their families and their friends!
But in despair there is always hope, and many had the chance to survive. Listen to the stories of those, who – like you, dear reader, has managed to escape the claws of the Destroyer
.


Braiden M, noble
I was trapped in my little residence there by the lake (Loch Modan) for few days. Well did you not hear? The damn collapsed. The lake is quite dry now! I saw it happen, or well a glimpse of it. There was this... a gigant flaming creature. As he flew, the ground was scourged and destruction followed.
I did the only reasonable thing: me and my good bulter Breckenridge barricaded oursleves inside the house. Took two days to dig our way out. I'll oversee the damage done to all my lands that is in my possession and make sure all my servants are found.


Caithness, city guard
I used to live here in Stormwind. I was there too when it happened. Just came back from Northrend, I'm a former soldier. I wasn't sleeping, just wandering around the streets.  After you see some thing, you do not sleep much. Nevermind.
So back to the night. I saw the light. And I do not mean the bright dawning light. I mean fire. Red bright fire in the sky. Then the earthquake. It shock the ground, I felt down, lying unconsciouss. After some times, I was woken up by a guard and told that the cataclysm...scream of people. You know after the invasion I should be well...I was given a bow, I think. It's all not clear, hazy. The dragon. Big Black armored dragon. Flying over the sky, spitting fire... We tried to shoot  him, but it grabbed some poor men from the floor and fleed. And then the roar. I was deaf for a week after that sound. Horrible !
We tried to chase it : few guards, few soldiers, battlemages and I. After we arrived in the Valley of Heroes, it was already over. Broken statue. Smoldering towers…


Nuraahi, technician
The day before I had been in Menethil harbour, with others of the commune. A ship was pin pointed to sail for Steamwheedle Port at the shore of Tanaris. I decided I would take the trip in order to get less traditional supplies from Gadgedzan, since we were moving weapons  and  food from the Exodar to Ironforge. As a technician, I figured I could perhaps make something helpfull. Gadgedzan is the best place for ideas concerning the elements.
Half way into the night, the ship wasn't far from the coast of Eastern Kalimdor. A storm had passed by the time an unusually tall wave passed beneath the bowl. We would later come to know that half of Azeroth was beeing smashed back and forth at that very moment. In any case I shrugged it off and so do the rest of the ships's crew and passengers.
A few hours went and we saw the sun dawn atleast, but what we awoke was nothing we had even considered. The coastal Wall of Kalimdor before us shattered. Behind it was the huge enclave of Thousand Needles, flooded. Billions of tone of water had flushed through a hole in the wall, filling the valley completly !


Swatti,
To be honnest I was on mission that day. Me and a few of the best agents Gnomeragan could provide were doing some work in the barrens, to secure the place for an invasion. Of course, we all saw him ! Two of the agents were coughts in the shattering and fell into the cliff that now stand in the middle of the northern and southtern barrens. Sadly, but they knew the risk and were ready to die for the sake of the Alliance. We were all a little confused but we were able to contact the ships that was to attack the barrens. They then took hold in ...Northwatch Hold, I believe it's called and then another old human base and as soon as their forces were installed I toke my leave and returned back home to see the damage with my own eyes.
 I don't see myself as survivor. I see myself as hostage.


Spyre, thief catcher
Now it come back to me. Loch Modan, we were there. Some kind of mountainer patrol. I remember it was close to that time the dam broke. Myself spend most of that time holding  my squad of soldiers in Ironforge against the elementals. We had also traveled arround Khaz Modan borders to secure the randomly elementals that poped up. I'm just a thief catcher, so my story isn't much. Thief catcher is a bit like an elit rank within the guard. But that time before, most of us spend that time defending Ironforge.



Kierrann, journalist
I was in Gilneas City, some time before the Shattering; maybe a week? I don't know exactly. Anyway, I was in my apartment, minding my own business, when I heard people screaming in the street. It didn't worried me at first, but the screams went on, louder and louder. When I finally heard sounds of a fight, I decided to see for myself what was happening.
I opened the door, worried and scared about what I was going to find, but also curious. Worgen were running wild in the streets, attacking citizens. I'd already heard about the worgen, and the dangerous threat they represented, but I didn't thought they would be able to reach the city. I was in such a state of shock that I didn't saw that one of them was running at me. I raised my arms, in a desperate attempt to protect myself, and got bit by the beast. I don't know how I managed to escape but a few seconds later I was safe, in my apartment, with two hands severely damaged and bleeding. I tried to heal my wounds, but I was already feeling sick. A few minutes later, I became one of them. I blacked-out - I can't tell you what happened while I was a wild worgen, and I don't want to know what I did - and woke up in Duskhaven, after the administration of a temporal cure. Several other Gilnean had been affected by the same "curse".
Anyway, our world was already torn apart. We had lost our city to wild beasts, and were only survivors to what was once a great kingdom. But then, the Forsaken attacked us, at the weakest moment of our history. And then, the Shattering happened. Without the help of the Night Elves, none of us would have survived.
I can't really tell you how awful the Shattering was, because it was just one small thing out of many awful things that happened to the world I lived in since my birth. It's a miracle if we, Gilnean, are still alive today



Whitestar Magazine© Article from -Elloa

No comments:

Post a Comment