18.11.10

People : Interview with the judge Whitker:

When I first met Whitker I got the feeling of a man who didn't stop for anything, who put everyone in the dirt. But underneath the harsh surface there is a man who is a soon to be a father; his girlfriend is pregnant. A man who helps the poor. And all in all he is a nice and decent
guy who sees to other's needs.

Whitker is a judge in Stormwind City, working with the Dieudonne Seal's regiment, aiding them with all legal pursuits; a judge is in charge of trials and makes sure they are fair.
This is Whitestar Magazine's interview with Whitker the judge.

What exactly do you do in your work?
As you already know I'm a judge. I help to keep the streets safe by working with the Guard regiment in any way I can to make their life easier. I also sentence criminals and uphold the law. Some of the laws can also be misinterpreted or the punishments unclear. We're hoping to revise the law book sometime soon if the Council permits it and get a more cut and dry version. Not sure if I'd like this though, interpretation of the book is part of my job! But I also have other businesses like this bar...

Oh so you are a bartender too?
I own this bar, those jobs are taken up by my staff.

How many executions have you approven so far?
I approved one for the old guard regiment but I am almost certain that the criminal escaped. I'm working with the new guards, The Dieudonne Seal's to make sure that this won't happen again.

How many prisoners have you judged?
I've honestly lost count!

What is your major descisions? Is it murder, crime, money?
Murder is more common than I'd like to see it but I think the most usual crime is thievery, both mugging and home invasion. However, since the Seal have been on the streets criminals seem to be running scared!

A loud noice came from downstairs and we had to pause
the interview, Whitker excused himself like a true gentleman
and headed on downstairs to take care of the brawl.

Was everything ok downstairs?
Aye, everything is fine.
It can be a bit rough in bars I presume.
Definately when I have to chip in with security. Although, when I get involved, things tend to calm down very quickly.
Yeah well I know I wouldn't stick my nose up for the owner!

Have you judged someone from the bar?
No I never had to, I tend to employ mercs and the like but I usually do a background check.
Yes of course.

A big quake moved the earth and both me and Whitker grabbed the table for support.

That was a strong one! They are getting worse and worse.

I'm just glad this place is insured!

So do you go anywhere to research for the trials?
I merely ask all of the individuals involved. Guards and witnesses tend to be the key "research" I do, but mainly a case is already put together by a lawyer and often all of the information is there. The command centre tends to have all the records aswell; well guarded of course.

How many judges are there?
I've been informed of the existence of other Judges but so far havn't met any.

How long have you been a judge?
I've been a Judge for about six months or so, perhaps longer.

I bet Whitestar Magazine readers would like to know a little about you and your girlfriend. How did you two meet?
We actually hated each other to start with..
oh?
I guess she saw herself as a legal figure and didn't trust me much. We came to political blows a few times, seen my name been dragged through the muck several times too.

Whitker paused and lit a cigarette taken from the silvercase he
had on the table.
I listened with interest when Whitker told his story.

When I was a lawyer I obviously had to defend criminals. It was just part of the job.
Of course.
But there were rumours that it was more than that. Rumours that I helped them with illegal activities which just wasn't true. I wasn't in shape at all back then. I've only recently started my fitness regime. This place used to be raided you know? When they found criminals they linked it to me..
How do criminals NOT drink? How can a tavern open with no criminals drinking there?
I mean the majority of the working class in this city have been in a brawl.
I haven't heard anything at all what happened in Stormwind until just recently, I've been out and discovered the world.

Some of the poorer lot have stolen to feed themselves, I try to be fair. Someone that stole bread to feed themselves is guilty in my eyes, but they definately don't deserve a night in prison.

Hunger is not a crime..
Of course not, coming from a very upper class family I don't know of hunger. I've had friends that I've often helped out of it. If you want the truth, some of the criminals were given money by me, but dont get me wrong; these were the poor. The ones that could not clothe themselves. The ones that had families to support. Not for drugs or anything of similar nature. I saw them as people not criminals. It wasn't pity. It was Charity!
There is nothing wrong in helping others, criminal or not. It doesn't matter in my eyes.

Whitker smiled towards me in an understanding manner.
I excused myself and told him that my time was up, I was needed elsewhere and had to leave.

Thank you for the interview Whitker, it was very interesting
to hear about the work of a judge.
It was my pleasure!

Whitestar Magazine said their farewell to Whitker and headed out to go for another adventure.
Who will be interviewed next time?
Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment