18.11.10

Elloa's chronicles : awakening of a shaman

 Elloa's chronicles : the world seen through the eyes of a Draenei

I proposed to join the Elementalist Sekina in her expedition along the Hour of Argus, gathering organised by Puaar in the Exodar. The series of earthquakes had started lightly at this point, and Sekina had the project to investigate the elemental activity in far South Kalimdor with her apprendice, Neruna.

 I wanted to join them for several reasons. First, it was a marvellous opportunity to write an article about adventure and exploration. Second, I had to spend time with two sisters and be plunged in my own culture again, a perspective which filled me with joy. Third, it was the occasion for me to improve my shamanistic connection with the world. And lastly, I wanted to help and understand. Those earthquakes worried me as much as the others of my kind.

We left the Exodar on a chilly afternoon, and we took the boat for Auberdine. We were mounting our talbuk and carried as little as possible. I even didn’t bring any suitable armor. I didn’t think we had to cross different areas controlled by the Horde and that we might be considered as targets to shoot. Even after everything we have endured, I'm still an utopist Draenei.
However, our travel happened peacefully. The roads of Darkshore and Ashenvale were secure, and we had the occasion to discuss together and to enjoy the beauty of the ancestral woods. A series of earthquakes shaked the land. It seemed that they grew stronger, and the interval between them shorter. I fell once from my mount. We heard the trees creaking and we were worried they would fall on our heads.

We decided to take a pause of several days in Astranaar. Sekina explored the shores of the lake, meditating and listening to the complaining of the earth. Me, I took the occasion of being so close the Ashpine village to greet the Furbolgs.

Uung, the chieftain of the Ashpine tribe was holding a ceremony in the honour of the tribe ancestors when I arrived. Several Kaldorei were sitting arround the fire, breathing the herbal smoke which make strangers understand the language of the forest. I was a bit surprised to see so few Furbolgs, but Uung explained me quickly that he had sent them in the wild to try to calm the Elements.
 - "The Shaman say that the earth heaves in pain, if even you have heard its cries of agony all the way over at the heaven tree, then it might be even more severe than we originally feared." said he, visibly worried.
 -"The elements are upset. I hear the wind howling and screaming, it tears apart through this forest in agony." add Urog, the tribe fisherman

I went back in my room, but could not find sleep. A feeling was invading me. A feeling of emergency. And I knew that I had to continue my way alone. It was the moment to finish my initiation. I left my two sisters when the first rays of sunlight enlightened the forest, letting them only a letter as goodbye. I crossed the wood, I crossed the savannah of the Barrens. I didn’t met any hostilities. I thought I’d travel far, but my ride only drove me to the Stonetalon Mountains, a dry area with a strong Horde presence.


The elemental activity was quite important too. It was the ideal place to enter in contact with the Fire and Earth element. I chose a place on top of a mountain to meditate. I stayed for several days. The four last days, I met a Tauren shaman who was living close to Sunrock Retreat. We didn’t exchange one word, but we enjoyed the presence of each other, sharing frugal meals and meditating together.

It was then I understood what I had to do. An idea invaded my mind and it hasn't let me peace since then. I had to gather as many shamans as I could, from all horizons, to hold a great ceremony together. And maybe understand and help the world to not fall in chaos…


Whitestar Magazine© Article from -Elloa

 

No comments:

Post a Comment